Followers

Friday, April 14, 2023

Dusty Roads

My buggy arrived back home from winter storage and service yesterday. The weather has warmed up and I contemplated a short rideabout. I took pictures of a few daffodils that weren't opened the day before and by morning they were in full bloom. I cut a few for inside every year so I can enjoy their brightness from my chair. The others in this area have bloomed too as the weather was warm. I can no longer walk on unlevel ground so I did get the buggy out from the carport to shoot my own side-yardful. Then I took a ride and every car/truck/van that passed me dusted me terrible! However, mission accomplished and I now know that Mother Nature is springing into activity! 

Photo by Lori

The old (very old) flowerbed next to the cabin has many daffodils so I started with these. Mother planted them way back when....
Then I chose a few more to show you. Everywhere I looked there were daffodils in full bloom and dozens of them all alongside the roads too.
To me, daffodils represent new birth and new beginnings; a symbol of hope and joy. I love them. I also see that the very old fashioned purple iris are poking up and they are pleasing to my eyes as well. Soon......
Please tap on image to view larger
The township truck just made a couple of passes spraying the road so I'll probably take another ride later.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind a little road dust while out seeing the beauty of Spring. Love seeing all your daffodils and look forward to the iris photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would mind it as it is absolutely horrible! It's very much like the dust storms of the old west!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful flowers! Mine are all in bloom here!

    ReplyDelete