I just thought I would share the list I'm working on, as they are all recommendations. I do not usually give my reviews. I rarely read reviews either but form my own opinions. Just because a book is on the New York Times Best Seller List doesn't mean I will like it - at all!
Skimming a book isn't my style. I read every word right to the end even if I don't really care for the book. AND... if I find a misspelled word I mark it with a circle and with glee, go on! Misspelled words jump out at me - REALLY. One of my personal pet peeves is misspelled words. The next is the changing of words such as vegetables into veggies. I hate the use of "so fun" as it is constantly used now. I was taught that fun is a noun not an adjective. "So" is a lot of things, including an adverb. "So" as an adverb goes well with the determiner like "much." I was a good student in English class. Oh well... Lecture over.
This is the list...
**** = read already
- Glovemaker by Ann Weisgarber
- The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter by Hazel Gaynor
- Queen Bee by Dorothea Benton Frank (reading now)
- The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Nightwoods by Charles Frazier
- Flight 232 by Laurence Gonzales
- The Once in every Life by Laurence Gonzales
- Great Alone by Laurence Gonzales
- Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- The Twelve-mile Straight by Eleanor Henderson
- Clay’s Quilt by Silas House
- Black River by S.M. Hulse
- The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain ****
- Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
- The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain
- The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
- The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
- The Stranger Inside by Laura Benedict ****
- Bliss House by Laura Benedict
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt ****
- McNally’s Caper by Lawrence Sanders ****
- Educated by Tara Westover ****
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
P.S. My e-mail user name used to be "bookworm" before I had to change it to "nookworm." I think I remember that was because I changed servers, and there were other bookworms but I'm not sure. Anyway I like "nookworm" and also have "crannynanny" as another.
I think nookworm fits! For all your interestsReplyDelete
The only book on your list that I've read is Cold Mountain. IMHO...very blazè