Followers

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Winter Wails

Do you hear him? Listen! "BRRRRRRR" James wants to have his winter attire put on!  I was planning to make him a new hat but didn't so he'll have to wear one of the three he has worn before. (The red one didn't even last one season as it turned pink in the sun.) You see, I have to go to a thrift shop and pick out a very extra large used men's winter sweater that won't cost me an arm and a leg. When I return home, I cut off the entire top part just beneath the arms and draw up the cut off bottom section to make his hat. Then there is a large pom pom to be created for the top. I just "might" make a new pom pom to replace the tattered red one that has lasted so well. 
"In a couple of days, James! I'll be there!"
I must confess that I have made two hats for others and not one will fit James.
I just finished this one:
click on image to view larger
This one above has an imaginary pom that I haven't yet created for real. The hat was my first try at knitting for many years. 
Click on link below to see more of this hat.



1 comment: