Followers

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The BEST COOKIES EVER!

I made a batch of these and I have NEVER made a better bunch of cookies! Honestly! NEVER!

They are sweet, chewy, and soooooo tasty. I found the recipe on the internet a while ago and never made them. From past experience I know that oatmeal batter is very stiff and I was afraid of burning up my hand-held old mixer. I'm not strong enough to mix it by hand. Today was the day because my new red workhorse is fun and great for heavy batters.



 Dried Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
 A recipe from cooks.com

 1 1/4 c. butter, softened (Use REAL butter!)
 1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar (I used dark brown)
 1 egg
 1 tsp. vanilla (I used pure almond)
 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
 1 tsp. baking soda
 1 tsp. salt
 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
 3 c. quick or old fashioned uncooked oatmeal
 1 c. dried cherries (I soaked them in cider, then squeezed out extra fluid. Apple juice or brandy would also work well, I think)

 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla (or almond). In a bowl combine flour, baking  soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed butter mixture, mixing well. Stir (I used mixer) in oatmeal and dried (soaked) cherries. 

 Drop by a rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-11 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove. Makes 5 1/2 - 6 dozen cookies.  
YES!

Not as tasty but a joyful bunch!
Festive Wiley and Friends
Click on image to join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment