Followers

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Still at it...

There is not much to do when it is pouring rain and looking nasty outside. BUT! I can always cook and bake, instead of sitting in front of the computer or reading, or dusting, heaven forbid! It's called kitchen exercise. Bend, reach, stir, wash dishes...you get the picture.

Today I baked a very large meatloaf, using more of the ground chuck that I won this autumn. You just can't beat homegrown, homeground beef for tasty meals.
As I dug out my ancient electric knife and seal-a-meal appliance I am always so pleased to have them fully operative and the best thing is that the cords are L O N G!
The oven is doing its job now with Perdue boneless, skinless chicken breasts - more than we can eat for one meal so some will be sealed, marked with date and frozen. Would you believe that sometimes I don't bake? Guess I'm part squirrel, packing food away for another day, but it makes sense to always have something on hand - strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight. Ha Ha! Thawed them out a day ago. 

You'd think I would gain weight, but actually I've lost 40 lbs. this year. I eat anything and everything I want but in much smaller portions. That must be my key. I do not diet! 3.25 lbs. every month isn't too bad! A secret: I never drink water. I get enough from coffee, tea, cider, juice, soups, milk, to keep hydrated. Never have been a water drinker. 

Enough rambling now. Talk at ya and write later when the mood strikes. 

5 comments:

  1. I have to drink plenty of water here...sweating/humidity high. And water tablets for my heart, I can easily get dehydrated. I love your exercise routine. Strawberry shortcake? Sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hopping over from Hootin' Anni's. Your comment, "I have never ever painted my fingernails nor toenails," was all it took to stir my interest. I also love everything about nature, and there's hardly a day goes by that I don't do research on some subject or the other. I take lots of notes in my journals which I enjoy rereading from time to time. Before we got internet, I made many many steps upstairs to do research in an old set of World Book Encyclopedia that we inherited from my husband's mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome in. I quit blogging in September 2019 after reaching a goal of 1,500 blogs. Now I found I cannot do without expressing my life activities at age 83 without writing something about daily stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think it is a good and healthy thing to write. Those blogs, such as yours, that deal with daily stuff are the ones that I enjoy best.

      Delete