Followers

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Still Used Appliance

My 1976 vintage sealer (Model SAM1) seals food wonderfully in the 2 mil thick pouches. I have several stored in the freezer in the carport with all kinds of contents ready to thaw and consume. (No, it doesn't suck the air out of the bag like the new ones do.)
Two years ago I was able to order 3 boxes of 50 8”x6” pouches, microwave safe, freezer safe, boilable. These are used with all brands of sealing appliances including Dazey or Rival Micro-Seal/Seal-a-Meal bag sealers.
The meatloaf slices were successfully sealed and frozen today after we had a couple of meatloaf sandwiches for lunch.
click on image for larger view
I used a recipe I found on the box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken and have been saving it for quite a long time. My old recipe that I have used for years and years  is different and I never measured anything.  Now to this new one; I must say that it was delicious but crumbly. My old one’s slices held together much better. 

Here is the recipe I used this time:

2 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup water
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce, divided.

Heat oven to 375°° F.
1. Place meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in bowl.
2. Mix just until blended
3. Shape into a loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking dish
4. Top with remaining barbecue sauce.
Bake 1 hour or until done (160°°°° F.) 

Now I must tell you that I used a loaf pan and baked it 1 1/2 hours. The meat thermometer read exactly 160°°° and I knew it was fully baked. 


1 comment:

  1. It all sounds good. I myself am not much of a cook but I do make a mean pasta fagioli which is nothing more than beans and macaroni. Adding tomatoes and or tomato sauce really puts it over the top.
    Boy do I want a meat loaf sandwich now!

    ReplyDelete