Followers

Friday, June 30, 2023

Through the Haze

I thought I wouldn't go for a buggy ride today but it is warm and enticed me to get off my chair and take a short cruise. I noticed a lot of the little Birdsfoot Trefoil clusters everywhere along the sides of all the roads I traveled. Each wildflower has its turn to bloom. I snatched a few for a tiny bouquet of the little yellows. And yes, I''m rooting more spearmint.

 The three images below are from the internet et.
There is another yellow flower that I have on my list to find. It was one of my mother's favorites and I remember it because of its catchy name. She always called it "scrambled eggs" and indeed that is what it is! The description is from Wikipedia: Corydalis aurea (scrambled eggs, golden smoke, golden corydalis) is a flowering plant in the poppy family, native to North America.
Just checked on the Blue Spruce at the neighbor lake to see if the wild sweet pea is overtaking it. I don't think so as both are looking quite bright and beautiful. I have been watching this for several years now and wondering which will win - the tree or the plant.
When heading back home I see the bindweed are blooming everywhere. They sure do take over some areas!
Don't forget to tap image for larger views

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully the blue spruce and wild sweet pea can live in peace together. I love your buggy ride tales. Hilltop post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very nice! I used to make Spearmint Tea way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete