Followers

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Quick Rideabout

After breakfast I had just finished delivering some of the white fudge to my friend and neighbor to share. As I was driving down from their driveway I was reminded of how things change - never to be the same. This was my view and I don't really like views of this kind, as my memory tells me the huge and beautiful cornfields and hayfields that were there in full glory at this time of year are gone, forever, never to grow there again! I'm sooo resistant to change.
To make myself feel better I continued onward for a short trip up the dirt road and found that yellow and orange seem to be the colors of the morning.
I wonder what the plant with no flowers is...
One of the prettiest gardens that I know of is cared for by a man who is older than I and lives at my neighbor lake. He is to be commended for his beautiful plantings, mostly vegetables that are protected from wildlife with wire. This one lives outside the cages and is Yellow Loosestrife.
A quick trip back home before the storm breaks. We do need rain!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for those ride-abouts. You did end up with some beautiful pictures, but I completely understand your feelings about change. Mary @ Hilltop Post.

    ReplyDelete