Followers

Monday, June 12, 2023

Quick Ridearound

I couldn't resist a short ride around the lake to see what is blooming today. I did find some new colors showing off. The Hawkweed were pretty. 

The peonies have started to open. I'm waiting for a particular one to bloom as it is a white one, but in the meantime the pinks are nice!
For many years I made elderberry jam and I see that the bushes are still flourishing and berrie blossoms are beginning to show. If you have never tasted this treat, do it! Labor intensive but worth the work. (I have recipe)
White and rather small iris are blooming on the other side of the lake and I think they were planted last year or I either missed them or they were finished.
Now for my attempt to plant poppies from seed. I scattered them in an old piece of plastic pipe up by the rock garden. First I had my yard guy fill the container with new soil. After scattering seed, I lightly sprinkled water on the planting three days in a row. We had a little rain one afternoon. I think what happened is that the water washed the seeds to one side of the container and this is what I see today! Yikes! Time will tell how this works out!
don't forget to tap image to view larger
I did cut some more wild spearmint to root. The first batch I made last year are doing just fine and spreading well in the front flowerbed!

2 comments:

  1. Elderberry is supposedly widespread here, but I am not familiar with it. I will do research. I am watering the little poppies in my garden almost every day. I look forward to seeing what colors you get. You will have fun with photos enhancements. Hilltop Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I read, they won't flower the first year of planting so next year they will bloom after wintering. Hope I'll still be around to see them!

      Delete