Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Uncle Henry, The Veteran


My Uncle, Henry G. Nulton was a veteran of both world wars. He was a Major General and Commander of the 78th Divison, Army Reserves, when he retired from service in 1960.

He saw action in France with Co. A. of the 111th Machine Gun Battalion, 29th Division in World War I and was wounded at Meuse-Argonne. During World War II he was wounded by mortar fire in New Guinea.  He was awarded the Purple heart. 

Personally, I remember him being very jovial and carrying an authoritative attitude, while being very likeable. Actually he, in my young girl's mind, was like a Bantam rooster, cock of the barnyard and a little bit intimidating! His four sons each were service members and outstanding soldiers. My patriotism was always expected and to this day it is strong. 
You might be able to read the news documents by clicking on the image.

1 comment: