Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Short Rideabout

I was quite a way from home watching a slider turtle in the beaver pond while hoping that the huge snapping turtle would appear. I looked down and saw - to my horror - that my battery gauge had taken a dive to 0 battery! I hightailed it right back home. When I arrived it still registered extremely low battery but when I turned off the key and then turned it back on, the needle jumped right back to what I thought I had left - 1/2 charged! I have no idea what happened but it cut my ride too short....
Back to the beginning of the ride. I think dandelions are beautiful. There is no sight prettier than a field of these. I have my grandmother's recipe for dandelion wine and my mother used to make it. I have, in the past and it was tasty!
Further down the road I saw a cardinal eating from last year's cattails. Shooting into the sun made it a nice black and white silhouette picture.
A wild cherry tree by the side of the road was just starting to blossom.
The wild-growing bleeding heart isn't very strong but trying to be bright.
to view larger please click on image
There are many little wild strawberry plants in blossom and I shall take a cup with me the next time as I expect to pick some in a few days. There were bees at work but I didn't see a single butterfly! There is a small family of Canada geese now and we counted four goslings. They better stay away from our beachfront with their messy leavings.

3 comments:

  1. What a great ride! I lived going along. Beautiful blossoms and super cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your pictures made want to go out and take more pictures but all I really have planned for the afternoon is sitting on Arlene's porch, along with her of course and tear into a bottle of cabernet or maybe a couple of Sam Adams. The weather is supposed to get pretty wild around 4 o'clock. Wind, rain etc. At least all I have to do is walk next door.

    ReplyDelete