Followers

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Golf Car Ride Today

After watching the hummingbirds all morning from indoors I simply couldn't catch them on the feeders! They are sure enjoying the perches as they sit and sip away very often.
I then decided to take a ride around the lake and down the road a little way before lunch. The first thing that caught my eye was the pink Azalea bush.
As I rode down the road I took a couple of shots of Grandma Wood's empty house. Sad sight. The pile of rocks in the upper right corner of the first picture was the barn where I kept three horses - all gone.
While traveling up a private road (It's OK, I know the people) I passed the beaver pond and it looks as if they are active.
Many Pond Slider turtles live in that water and SO DOES A GIANT SNAPPING TURTLE! It ducked under before I could get a great shot but I did see its full size and ..... WOW! Guess I'll have to try again to capture this fellow. All I got was the top of its shell and a slight image under the water. The pond is down from the roadway and I'm unable to trek there but still enjoyed the experience.
SLIDER
SLIDER
SNAPPER
Dark spot on left is its head, right side is top of its shell.

Please click on image to view larger

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Nice you have this road to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures of azaleas are beautiful but what really interests me is your Grandma’s house. How long has it been empty? Is it in useable shape?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved taking that jpurney with you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind tooling around in a golf cart. I couldn't do it around here though I could do it down the river by the lakes...oh never mind. I don't own a golf cart.
    I did go to Chinatown and my pictures aren't as nice as yours. I am trying to throw a blog together now.

    ReplyDelete