Followers

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Just in Time....

I filled both hummingbird feeders with my homemade nectar yesterday and last night they came! They are here again this morning and they are feisty! There have been several bombings and zippy fights! And...they use both feeders.

I boil two cups of water in a glass measuring pitcher in the microwave. After taking it out I then put 1/2 cup of plain granulated sugar in and stir until completely dissolved. After cooling, then it is poured into the very clean feeders. In the past I sometimes used McCormick red food coloring but I don't add it anymore. 

By the way the recipe is one to four - never more.  I also change it out about once a week and run hot water through the feeders. It's important. 

Hey! Don't forget to watch the 144th Kentucky Derby today. I haven't missed one in over 45 years! Post time is scheduled for 6:46pm.

1 comment:

  1. We used to watch all 3 races, but not any more. I use the same ratio for the hummers. (We have only 2 remaining here...the dozens that WERE here have all left for cooler climes).

    ReplyDelete