Followers

Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Lookout

After watching the hummers for a week we have decided that they really love our feeders and also that they come in from at least three directions - all the big pine trees that border the cabin. They fight like crazy. They are so quick that I can only catch them at rest. I have yet to capture one in flight! There is one in particular who I think is the "Lookout." It sits on the small metal trellis that is in one of the flowerpots and watches and watches - one time for about 15 minutes!! When this one comes for a drink, it sits peacefully on the perch and is never chased away by any others. They all perch and don't hover to drink, just bend forward. They sure love the perches on these feeders. They save energy this way. I have filled the feeders twice in one week! The pictures are all taken from indoors through the windows. 8am
4pm-rain all day
No sun to shine on my new suncatcher!
Please click on image to view larger


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! They're a favorite bird. Oh & that prism I'm sure, makes a great suncatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! My friend has a dove and her babies in a nest on his back porch. I try and get him to email me the pictures.

    ReplyDelete