Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2018

The "Foodie"

I have been called this. Well I admit to really enjoying some special (to me) foods but the real "foodie" in me is regularly watching a particular show on TV. About a year ago I discovered the show, "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." This guy Guy Fieri travels across America in search of "greasy spoons" and shows the fun at these eateries with the cooks, chefs, customers, and he really causes me enjoy the shows. I like it that he has a kooky hairdo, and colorful tattoos, his wardrobe is just a shirt and slacks or shorts and is married with sons. He has nice cars —he's a fun television personality with lots of knowledge about foods.

I do not like any spicy hot foods but he seems to. I have noticed that he sometimes slurps very hot (not spicy) foods without being burned. Wish I knew how he did that! I have learned a lot about spices and herbs and ways of cooking. Sometimes a simple sandwich that is built on a show seems to be over the top and wouldn't interest me at all but still is fun to see. His spoken reviews during his tasting seem to be so honest and appreciative of the work that the kitchen puts out for customers.

I don't care much for his grocery game show or cookoffs. A show about comfort foods and how they're made and served is my cup of joe. Delivered by Guy makes it fun.

The 50's were my times for eating at these familiar places and diners, and they were especially an important part of my teen years. I have worked as a waitress at a high class restaurant and at dives. I'll take the dive any time as it didn't have a fussy owner or temperamental chef and the customers were plain good ole folks.

So...the TRIPLE D is FOR ME! I'm a fan. Take a leap and try it! It is a simple and brilliant show in my estimation. FOODIE I am!
My images may be viewed larger by clicking on one

2 comments:

  1. I have been following Triple D's & Guy Fieri for years. Great show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had cable tv for several years now. I'll have to see if I can find it online.

    Oh, and I LOVE spicy foods (Mexican spicy with lots of jalapeno peppers)

    ReplyDelete