Followers

Monday, April 16, 2018

Out, In, Over

207 million eggs have been recalled in nine states including Pennsylvania over salmonella fears. I bought some at Walmart last Sunday, April 8, and these eggs are on the recall list. The UPC code matches, The Mister had one yesterday morning, the first out of the box. I have now thrown away the entire box with eleven others. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't throw food away - ever, but this is an exception for sure.
It is a good thing I have a backup of eggs that came from my brother's chickens. Today I baked a new cake recipe that calls for 4 eggs. I'll need another dozen very soon. The recipe will be displayed after we have a sample just in case it isn't up to par or what I expected. Sounds good on paper, but you never know. "Try before you buy." I get a kick seeing how many pictures of good looking foods are posted on friend's Facebook pages and I'll just bet they have never even made them.
Cake is called "Pineapple Sunshine"

The wind is beating the bushes and trees and the rain has started. I had to bring in my spider web creation because I was afraid it would catch into the pine cone mobil and be ripped apart. I then moved the pine cone mobil further down the beam as it was getting entangled in the wind chimes! I saw the power company truck pass by both ways and then the road department did the same. There must be a problem somewhere but not here...yet.

Our youngest granddaughter (14) is doing very well with her equestrian efforts. Nice horse, new saddle, new horse boots, Reserve Champion at recent show and moving on to the next level jumping timed courses of very high fences. At 14 I had a donated 26 year old retired hunter-jumper and rode through cut hayfields over sticks and stone hand-built jumps, no horse or any other boots, hand-me down saddle, never competing. WOW how times have changed. She may not have any idea of how lucky she is. Then again, she may. I hope so.
We know we can jump higher now
Next level?
  please click on an image to view larger   
                                                                    

4 comments:

  1. So exciting for your granddaughter! I have seen that cake before. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and a beautiful horse! I'll bet your granddaughter is fearless. I got a chuckle out of your labels. I'm glad you put the word jump between horse and wind. Horse wind can be deadly, if ya know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...impressive updates on your granddaughter! How exciting.

    That cake...4 eggs, look rich...and sounds delicious. Pineapple! I love pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter looks great on that beautiful horse.

    ReplyDelete