Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Cleaning

I'm referring to interior house cleaning. Now the Mister does a really good job with the vacuuming but the "down on your knees" cleaning in here has been neglected for too long. Neither one of us is up to it now, due to aging and when we were able, something always happened that interfered. I shattered my shoulder six years ago. That was the start of letting things go. I've had to hire a lady to perform the job and she had her work cut out for her.

I provided several cleaners. I got out the ammonia, white vinegar, 409, Awesome, Clorox, Lysol, and Voom. There were gloves, bucket, rags, scrub brushes, and other utensils.  She got into the job in my bedroom first. Would you be surprised that she is accustomed to using a cleaner that I didn't have! She ran to town to get Mr. Clean. OK with me. After all, she is doing the work.

It's a jungle in that bedroom. So much has to be pulled away from the walls to get at the edge of the floor by the log walls. There is a molding there and dampness from summertime pipe-sweating through the years has always been a problem. The bed is on wheels and that is a really good thing for cleaning nooks and crannies.

She then did the bathroom floor edges next to the back log wall AND the shower stall interior! All of her work took a total of 2 1/2 hours. The story will continue, but maybe not here. There is a lot more detailed cleaning to be accomplished. Her rates were reasonable and she has agreed to come again one morning next month. How lucky can we be?










2 comments: