Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Solitude and Sanity

Now I don't mean that I'm alone. I mean that I like to do things alone. It helps the time go by during the cold and bleak winter months. I jump between being a wife, a homemaker, and a person who is compelled to always be doing something - anything - everything.  As a result, many of my blogs are usually a mishmash of stuff not of interest or beauty, but of getting it out of my system.

So........
The other night I baked spaghetti. It was easy for me because I had all of the ingredients for lasagna but no lasagna pasta. I made it the same way and it was very good.

Yesterday I fooled around with a favorite photo of a dear friend who died last week. It helped me in my sadness that he is gone. He was 90. He was a good and gentle man.

This morning I baked caramel raisin cookies. They stuck to the baking sheet but are quite tasty.


Before lunch I howled at the moon with a photo my friend took. She added the wolf. Her picture was pure black and white.  That gave me ideas. 





And this afternoon I played with a friend's 4 year old granddaughter on a swing. In the dining room.



Click on image to view larger

Tomorrow is Wednesday. What will I do?

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah lasagna (sorta) and art. Very Italian. Nice job on all the pictures. I particularly like Howlin' Wolf #3. What kind of program do you use? I probably already asked you that.
    I know one thing you can do Wednesday, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete