Followers

Monday, August 19, 2013

Sharing Art and Good Things

"When sharing something between artists/makers, you're sharing more than just an object/painting. You're sharing hundreds of hours of failures and experimentation, You're sharing days, weeks and months of frustration and moments of pure joy. You aren't just sharing a thing, you're sharing a piece of heart, part of a soul, a moment of someone's life. Most of all, you're giving the artists more time to share something they're passionate about." 

I spent all day yesterday trying to create a still life art piece and then trying to make up my mind which one was the most pleasing - at least to me. I have decided. I actually created 14 different versions then threw out most of them.

I took the original photo when I visited my daughter in NJ - Well I actually took several shots at different angles and lighting after she had gone to the garden and picked them. The family was chuckling at how fussy I was, arranging, bending, stretching, moving the bowl, and so forth just to get a nice photograph.
This is the original I chose to work with.
This is my first change.
Then I made 14 more versions.
Here are the "finalists."
Textured
Textured and scrambled.
Textured with color swirl added.
Textured with two colored swirls added.

And the choice is - 
Un-textured with only one colored swirl added and moved.

I had saved these precious seeds again last year and a daughter started them here in PA. Then she brought a few plants with her to visit her sister in NJ. They grew! and GREW! and produced well. It's a big deal to me to have been able to take some back to PA with us after a recent visit.

We ate all of them!
I'm saving seeds again!

I have written about these tomatoes previously. If you would like to read more please go to the links listed below.

Tomato Blog 2010
Tomato Blog 2012
Tomato Blog #2, 2012

2 comments:

  1. Well, you did great with your tomatoes and your photography! I love the final choice. Those swirls make them look like super tomatoes! (did you ever hear of the movie Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?) (lol...your tomatoes are so big, they make me think about that movie.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy photography but have never done anything like this. Very nice! Now I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete