Followers

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Weekend at the Lake

Now that the 4th of July weekend is over, and the out of town folks have mostly gone from the area, it really is quite quiet! We didn't have fireworks at the lake as rain showers prevailed. Montrose had wonderful activities and it was a very busy place, so I see by the photos posted by one of our competent local photographers. Below are 2 of hundreds of images posted by Ken Newman.

My son and his partner came for a one day visit. It was about 80-90 miles one way and the traffic wasn't too bad.  They cleaned and swept the floor of the shed which was a much-needed project. They relaxed a bit and then it rained so hard that their buggy ride was postponed until their next visit.

Nothing stops the hummingbirds from visiting. They sure are thirsty this year, keeping me busy refilling the feeder every two days!
I was fortunate to check out and purchase a two-drawer small dresser from a yard sale at the neighboring lake for easier access to my tops. I discovered a couple of labels and did some research about the piece. It was old and had scratches many, I knew that it wasn't antique and was well-constructed though not beautiful. I did find out that the original maker was from Pennsylvania Furniture Co., York PA and that it was shipped to a nearby Fair Store on Court St. in Binghamton around the 40's or 50's. My son worked for a while with my brother's furniture restoration business and identified it as not being older due to the handle and front piece styling. Black was popular in that time but the thing that could fool a person was the dovetailing of the piece. I'm keeping it like it is.
tap on image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Millie was especially thankful when the last of the fireworks sizzled to a halt. Now she can snuggle into her hidey hole in the back flower bed and sleep to her heart’s content.

    How wonderful that your son was able to drive over for the day. Hilltop Post


    ReplyDelete