Followers

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Between Showers

Rain showers, that is!  I rode about this morning. One thing I noticed is that most of the peonies have never bloomed. I think they don't like it so wet. There is a favorite white one that had buds and they are gone. In the same area is a pink one and it too, has no buds nor blooms. 

The Hollyhocks have started to open. I was a bit disappointed to see they seem to be all the same dark color. 

The only critter I saw was this one. 
My daughter had a visitor when she was taking pictures of her annual garden blooms at her home. All of the following are her images.
She cut this little bloom and I identified it for her. There are many around the lake here. It is a Spotted Bellflower.
Every year she has an unbelievable flower garden. This year some of the fencing and flowers were damaged when a black bear visited several nights when tearing down her bird feeders.  Nevertheless, here are some of this year. 
Several years ago she took some of the Sundrops from the cabin plot that her grandfather had planted. They thrive and bloom every year.
please tap image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! I have been so busy. I was thankful for the rain as it vooled thibgs off some.

    ReplyDelete