Followers

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Weather Change

Warming up and impending rain is the latest word.  I called the township road department to alert them that the large catch basin at the side of our property was filled with debris and was plugged. I couldn't believe that within half an hour they were here digging it out. A heavy rain would cause the hillside flooding waters to go across the dirt road and down across our beachfront into the lake if it remains plugged. This has happened several times in the past. The Mister always kept the basin free and open but no longer can.  

I finally got around to baking some cookies. Yes, I used the prepackaged little squares of dough and they are very tasty. It is the easy way. Sometimes easy is a good choice. 
As I looked out the kitchen window I did finally catch the red male cardinal on the lawn by the shed under the hemlock tree.  It was a fast shot because I believe he saw my movement and he flew away quickly as I had interrupted his breakfast. 
And last, the temperature has risen to +40° and the fishermen have arrived. So far there are six of them. The ice should be very thick and safe. 
please click on image to view larger
Update: Saturday night it is supposed to go back down to 0°!! 

4 comments:

  1. Ice fishing! The sportsmen never cease to astound me! Too darned cold for this ol' gal in South Texas!!

    A cardinal!! A favorite bird of mine since childhood.

    And your cookies? Warm from the oven...a perfect way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, honey! Gere, what kind of packaged squares are those? Looks delish! I remember doing the old refrigerator rolls of Nestles Toll House cookies, remember those? Nothing was more fun or tasted better on those 'snow days' from school (buggy days, haha.)
    Psst, great to see you again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS/ Rained here all day and took the snow away. Would you believe it hit 70 degrees today, BUT tomorrow, it's back down to the low 20's with single digits for the nights for this next week. I know we need seasons, but I look forward to Spring after this crazy, bitterly cold winter. I know our birds to, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm late to the party. As I write this on the evening of the twelfth it is rain heavily. It hit a high of 60 degrees and is still warm for the season but as others have said we'll be down in the teens if not lower by Sunday. Went to the auto show in town today. Miserable drive in and worse drive home. Possibly will post on Saturday. Pass the cookies please.

    ReplyDelete