Followers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Kitchen Projects

This morning the green beans were blanched, cooled, cut and frozen. The beets were cooked, skins slipped, bagged individually and then all into another bag and frozen. (I already have canned pickled beets on hand.) This afternoon I prepared a few peaches for dehydration. There are four trays full and they will dehydrate overnight. Thank goodness these are freestones and the skins just peeled away easily without blanching or paring. Hopefully the dehydration will go well. It will be an overnight process and perhaps will even continue during the day tomorrow.
please click on image to view larger
The 36" fluorescent tube over my stove had to be replaced this morning as it suddenly went out during use. The Mister ran to town for a replacement right away. This was an unforeseen cost of $10.05 and it was the only one the True Value store had. I was always told to expect the un-expected and accept it. Oh well...

Tune in tomorrow for results of the dehydration of Loring peaches.


4 comments:

  1. Pickled beets are my favorite way of 'fixing' them! I remember helping my mom pare them for getting them ready to pickle and can...my hands were 'beet' red and where the paring knife was held, blisters. lol

    Good luck with the dried peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so busy. Enjoy the benefits when winter rolls in

    ReplyDelete