Followers

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Hot Day Cobbler

Yes, I baked this morning! The temperature was only 80° outside when I started at 8am. The three peaches weren't enough for my cobbler recipe so I sprinkled in some dried bing cherries that I was keeping for cookies. WOW! You will not believe how tasty this is! The next time I make a peach cobbler it will be all peaches because I will buy enough. Yes, the juices were dripping from my wrists as I cut them up. I had some frozen lemon juice from the last time I squeezed lemons and used it instead of the kind in the little yellow plastic lemon.

Peach Cobbler

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup unsalted butter (I used salted butter)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder Pinch of salt

1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices (as I only had 3, I added 1 cup of dried cherries)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional) (I sprinkled both on top)


PREPARATION


Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool. 

please click on image to view larger

The dish I used will have to soak a long time after it is empty!

3 comments: