Followers

Saturday, October 17, 2020

The Cooling off Season

Every year at this time things change and they also stay the same. I'm referring to our view and the cabin. 

I took the last two photos yesterday
And...
Every year I  bake at least two apple pies. Today was the first of this season.
RECIPE:

Apple Pie

Ingredients:

Pastry for 2 crusts
8 cups sliced, peeled assorted baking apples - about 3 lbs.  (Granny Smith, Cortland, Jonathan)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar (I use dark)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter
1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon milk

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice.

2. Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apples and toss well to coat.

3. Fill pastry lined 9 inch pie pan with apple mixture. Dot with butter.

4. Place second crust on top of pie filling, cut slits in top of crust to vent. Seal the edges of the crust with a fork or by hand.

5. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and milk. Brush mixture over top crust.

6. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.

7. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.















 

2 comments:

  1. I could live here happily ever after! Beautiful, in every way. I've a notion to make Apple dumplings tomorrow. If I have some energy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall pictures. Now I will have to try your recipe for Apple Pie.

    ReplyDelete