Followers

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sun's OUT!!

That is definitely not the same as saying, "Lights out!"

Temperature never went above 30° today but the snow is melting anyway - a little, and the icicles are forming once again. Wind continues to blow and BLOW!

I baked a cake. We haven't had cake in quite a while. I'm not crazy about chocolate but the Mister is, so......
click on image to see the sweetness
I even crumbled some dried cherries and a frozen brownie to make sprinkle topping. He licked the spatula and the bowl of the icing too!

“None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.” ~ Anthony Hopkins ~

3 comments:

  1. Oooo...I love chocolate cake! Ya know what else is good to sprinkle on the cake? Crushed walnuts.
    What movie is that Anthony Hopkins quote from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate cake! Looks delicious. The sun being out is such a help dealing with the wind .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate, but even they say it's good for you in moderation...my heart rate sky-rockets when I partake. I'd much rather have white cake anyway.

    It's dreary & overcast here, again.

    ReplyDelete