Followers

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Misspelled Words


INTRODUCTION
     While visiting friends out of state I picked up a publication, "The Penny Pincher," which served the middle Georgia area. I had an enjoyable time incorporating some of the misused and misspelled words I found, in my following made up tale:

TALE
     Once upon a time there was a young couple planning to get married and live happily ever after. I attended their wedding at the little church on the corner near the cemetary. The bride's dress had a pearl and sequence bodice. Her wedding vail and head peace were lovely and she wore a diamond bracket. The reception was held convient to Macon and a nutricious meal was served in two ajoining rooms. Some of the wedding gifts included a Magic Chief stove, spindel chairs, a pedastal table, an occassional chair, a waterbed with solid wood head and food boards, two stero cabinets, a Humal boy figurine, a dust ruffle and shames, valentces, and tableclothes. I especially remember the stainless steele table, porceline tub and the wheelbarrel.

     After their honeymoon in a 1988 Plymouth Furry with the moonruff they settled into a little white house with a raparound porch and three car garag. Over $12,000 was incvested in the home with a stone firplace. They also could watch deer rome on the side lot.

     They had a pair of cock-a-tails and the cat was spaded. A baby excersaser was purchased in anticipation of family expansion but since no baby came, they purchased horses and built a barn. The sign out front read: "We board and sale horses." They used a compresser, which was on a palet by the Allis Chambliss, to put air in the tires of their many vehicles; there was the convertable with the valour interior, the 1984 Nissan Camoflauge and a V-8 Magium.

     The woman became ill and was dependent on her blood sugar mointer. Later on, they decided to sell six acres together or seperate and another ten acre lot is available but they won't devide. A team of lawyers are helping them sell with a notice of intent to sale property.

 After the sale of property they did live happily after.

CONCLUSION
 Sumtime, sumware, I'll tell you another tail, and I no you won't car if you have to wate a rile. I hoop to see you sune.
(I sure wish I had kept that funny funny publication.) It was a HOOT! Gere Reed..........October, 1998

Even today misspelled words jump out at me and I cringe! If I'm reading a paperback book I even circle them!


2 comments:

  1. Very clehver! I had a 1968 Plimoth Furry. Fortunately the furry car fad didn't last two long. I hated having to have my car groomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been known to underline misspelled words! (In red ink no less...just like a teacher).

    Also...you're Magic Chief oven reminded me of Big Chief tablets!!

    ReplyDelete