Followers

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Kitchen Help

Awwww......Ain't he sweet!
Once in a while my kitchen help shows up, especially when he has enjoyed a meal. He thinks this one was a lot of trouble for me. It wasn't! (Don't tell!)
Click on image to view larger
I first thawed out a 32 oz. container of frozen turkey broth that our daughter made and gave to us. I then turned the heat  to very low under the large 5 cup kettle and added 3 cups of elicoidali pasta. This is a medium sized tube pasta similar to rigatoni. The pasta simmered for several hours until all of the turkey broth was absorbed. 

I then added half a bag of frozen chopped green peppers and onions, along with a can of drained black beans, and a small jar of Prego Chunky Garden Combo Sauce. This simmered for about 2 hours and I then added half a bag of pre-cooked Jimmy Dean Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles. The kettle was really full!


It was all then poured into a foil-lined baking dish and I covered the top with shredded Mozzarella cheese and baked it for an hour at 350°.
Not hard at all to make and there is enough left over for two more meals! It was very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Everything pasta is good and hearty!!
    Now, that was a new one for me....J D sausage crumbles....in the freezer. What a concept.

    ReplyDelete