Followers

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Day Rideabout


The first thing I wanted to do was to re-shoot the wheel fence but there is no place to park to get great pictures. Oh well...
Please click on image to view larger.

We passed an old farmhouse that has been renovated. I do not like the blue tin roof! Notice the stained glass window on each side, is a nice touch.


The barn siding caught my eye.

How about the "tractor color parade" having a mailbox to match!

This very old schoolhouse has been vacated but someone is maintaining it well.
Last year I trespassed to get the serpentine rock wall and now I see that three more sculptures have been added.



Moss grows everywhere.
The rushing stream is not to its fullest ability to flow as when the snow was melting.

This fence form is a style from long ago and is still popular.

I see two small trees here that have survived the harsh winter.



4 comments:

  1. Those are great shots! I think the second one is my favorite. It looks like you had a great day to take some shots. The area reminds me very much of the western part of my state which is very different from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creek running through and the shadows created!!!
    I can't understand a 'tin roof'....can you imagine the noise heard when hail hits...or heavy rain? That'd drive me 'up the wall'.

    Wonderful country tour Ms. G.

    Hope your Easter was a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wheel fence is awesome. I agree with you on the blue tin roof. Very nice country scenes. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Were these taken near your house?

    ReplyDelete