Followers

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Stumped!

I took a rideabout this morning and found very little to photograph.  Remember back in May I posted a stump with a tiny tree growing up from the crack? See below.

I thought it was a bit unusual but glad to know it was alive. Well....Today when I went by, someone else has been watching the little tree's growth and put a couple of guardian rocks near it. 
I then added two more. After I did this an earthworm appeared! Out of the crack it came and surrounded my rock. WOW! 
Soooo, before I buggied away I added a piece of the tree bark. Why, you ask? Because I could! 
Now "our little tree" is fully protected, at least for a while. Stacked rocks have many meanings but I believe these are tributes to a survivor.
One flower took my eye this morning.
Cardinal Flower, Scarlet Lobelia
An un-tended flower plot by a lake home at least has some glory left.
Tap images to view larger.

https://www.trees.com/gardening-and-landscaping/types-of-earthworms


2 comments:

  1. Isn’t that a very large earth worm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this link for descriptions of earthworms. I do not know which one this is. https://www.trees.com/gardening-and-landscaping/types-of-earthworms

    ReplyDelete