Followers

Sunday, August 27, 2023

Last Hurrah?

This succulent has changed clothes. Way back when, it was the dominant plant of interest on the kitchen counter. This year appearances are different - very different. After research I found that the name of it could be Cotyledon Orbiculata Flanaganii. It is an evergreen, drought-tolerant succulent which produces a tall, thin flower. It might also be A Senecio Serpens, Blue Chalk Stick or Crassula Tetragona. I'm not sure and it doesn't matter really. In 2020 it was healthy.

In 2022 it was thriving and produced a very curvy stalk for its flowers.
This year I put it out on the front porch. Guess it got way too much sun out there because it is badly sunburned. It happened slowly and when I realized what was happening I brought it back indoors; I think too late! In its struggle to survive it has now produced a stalk and might even display some flowers. Poor plant.
Tap on image to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment