Followers

Friday, January 22, 2021

The Special Gift From MARY

A lady I met at the beach when we had our place in SC has been my friend since we first met in the pool. It has been many years and we developed something special that has continued. Mary lives in Canada. Every year she and her husband and other family members would travel to the campground and reside in rental units for many of the winter months. Those were grand times!

Sharing is something we have in common. Sharing projects, creations, talents, and thoughts were common and still are! I'm not going to elaborate here but just want you to know how talented this wonderful friend is. She's a knitter, a jewelry maker, and so much more, including nursing skilled. 

I just received another pair of her special slippers! They were mailed to me (airmail!) on December 17, 2020 and I just received them January 21, 2021. The coincidental part is that I was wearing my maroon fleece trousers when they arrived and there was maroon yarn in the pattern. She had asked me earlier what colors I would like when she made another pair (5th!) for me and I suggested red or brown. She had contacted me again to say her supply of red was not going to be enough but she had an idea of how to fix that predicament.

Oh! how good they feel! My older pairs of two brown, one blue, one yellow still have life left and are worn daily. Now I'll be sporting these. I have to ask her what type of yarn she uses because they last like iron! They surround my feet with warmth, unselfish love and art!

Please tap on image to view larger
 
Phentex Yarn is a synthetic yarn made from olefin fiber. It's made to be long-lasting and well-worn, making it a popular choice for big projects and apparel that's meant to last.
Olefin fiber is a synthetic fiber made from a polyolefin, such as polypropylene or polyethylene. It is used in wallpaper, carpeting, ropes, and vehicle interiors. Olefin's advantages are its strength, colorfastness and comfort, its resistance to staining, mildew, abrasion, and sunlight, and its good bulk and cover.
Link to Video of pattern demonstration: slippers
Another link to Video of pattern demonstration: slippers
(please read comment BELOW from my Mary!)

2 comments:

  1. So glad they finally arrived. Doug was tracking them and we were despairing they would ever arrive. Then when he looked it said.... delivered ! Glory Hallelujah ❣
    So glad you'll have a new cosy pair for the winter !!!
    The yarn is made by Phentex. It is a almost plastic product called polypropelene I think.

    Love to you and Ed. We miss our times together, especially celebrating your birthday at Bob Evans !
    Enjoy my dear friend 🥰

    ReplyDelete