Followers

Friday, November 20, 2020

Pretty

It's OK to strive for perfection but I have learned through the years that it is rarely attainable and sometimes not even at all important! I didn't even strive for it today because I knew it wouldn't matter. It didn't! I found the recipe when looking to use up my frozen lemon juice and thought I'd try it. Since there really wasn't a pan size listed and the picture showed it in a bundt pan, I used my 11" x 14" pan.  Yep! It became a beautiful sheet cake!

After I sliced it into 6 pieces I just stacked three with icing in between and called the project a success. Got two 4" square cakes now! They're not pretty. We don't care! The photos were taken before tasting but I can verify that the lemon three layer cake was light in texture and really full of flavor and very satisfying.

RECIPE

1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C sugar
2 large eggs
zest one lemon
2 T. lemon juice
2/3 C vegetable oil
2/3 C milk

  • Preheat oven 350°
  • Grease and flour pan - 9"cake pan will do fine (I used large cake pan and had resulting cake like a sheet cake)
  • Whisk the flour and baking powder together in small bowl.
  • Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl on low or medium, not high.
  • Add zest, juice, oil and milk until combined and then add flour mixture and beat on low until smooth.
  • Pour into pan and bake approximately 35-40 minutes.
  • Toothpick should come out clean.
  • Cool in pan then remove to dish. Ice or not, you choose. A dusting of confectioner's powder would do. 


1 comment:

  1. I love everything lemon!! We just finished a lemon meringue pie. Yum.

    ReplyDelete