Followers

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Red and Green

...are not just Christmas colors. Red is my favorite color and makes me feel happy and is my stimulating color. To me, green is the color of nature, growth and health. I get excited when I have projects that involve using these colors.

Our daughter shared her extra peppers with us so I went to work. I already had the broccoli and now have decided to bake a quiche with it in a month or so. The peppers don't need to be blanched before freezing - just washed and cut up. The broccoli does and it takes a bit more effort to prepare it for freezing, but the time was well spent in my mind.
please click on image to view larger

"Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure." 

"Green, the color of life, renewal, nature, and energy, is associated with meanings of growth, harmony, freshness, safety, fertility, and environment. Green is also traditionally associated with money, finances, banking, ambition, greed, jealousy, and wall street."

Source: www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html

2 comments:

  1. Pretty vegetables. I love both the bell in green and RED. So different in tastes too.

    You've been busy to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is my favorite color - the color of royalty, like me...a royal pain!!

      Oh, and evergreen is my favorite green.

      Delete