Followers

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Apple Project #4

Anni, in answer to your question, no I don't make apple butter. A neighbor does and sends some my way each year. My brother does as well. 
Blondies
This recipe was saved quite a while ago and I simply cannot remember where it came from but I do remember that I never tried it before.

I will say the results are just fine, however I would make adjustments, both in time and clarifying what pan to be used. I have printed it just as I had saved it and will now tell you my thoughts. The instructions at first say to grease a muffin tin and at the end of the instructions it says to scoop the batter evenly into a baking dish. Well - which is it?? The next time I bake this I shall try it in my 2 qt. (8 x 11.5") oblong baking dish. The next thing was that they weren't ready to remove from the oven until they had baked for 30 minutes. That is quite a difference from the recipe. I had expected them to rise up like muffins or cupcakes but they browned around the edges and the center stayed low. Now, because we ate one already I can say they were very tasty and we loved the crispy edges with the moist and softer centers. The flavor was excellent. I didn't use walnuts as I didn't have any. If I had added them I would have had to use the two small muffin tins instead of the large one anyway. I would have had too much bulky batter.

An inexperienced cook/baker would have thought he or she failed in this recipe if it was followed to the "T."
Apple Blondies
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 medium apple - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin.
  • In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar, and egg until mixed. Fold in the apple and walnuts. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix all the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just blended. Scoop the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
  • Bake 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post. Blondes are baked like brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most blondies are baked with brown sugar in a 8x8 inch or oblong pan. I have many recipes for blondies and was really thrown by this recipe title. My snickerdoodle blondies call for 2 cups of packed dark brown sugar.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm!

    I appreciate your note too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete