1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed.
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- (or one stack crushed saltine crackers)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- (not necessary)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- (dried ok)
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- (regular milk ok) (One cup milk ok)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- (regular mayonnaise ok)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- (wet mustard ok)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- (or more ok)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, bread crumbs, celery, green pepper, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. (or lined with non-stick foil) Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
- Original recipe source unknown. Salmon color text by GMR
|We tried to eat only half, but just couldn't resist to have a bit more!|
click on image to view larger