Followers

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

U. S. Made!

They just don't make them like that anymore!  My dad bought new tires in 1934 to travel safely on his honeymoon with his bride in August. This old ad tells it well.

He is the guy leaning on the fender and in the top circle. 
Print becomes sharper if image is enlarged with just a click

It took me quite a while to scan this old page that was saved from the Saturday Evening Post, issued on April 7, 1934. My scanner is only designed to accommodate 8"x11" paper. This page was much larger. It's a KEEPER!

4 comments:

  1. Most assuredly....a keeper indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that is awesome and it's wonderful that you held on to that article all these years... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old stuff like this. Imagine used tires with only 32,000 miles on them! I have similar items lying around somewhere. They're somewhere in the closet of no return. A project I keep thinking of doing until I open the door and actually see how much stuff is in there. Someday...

    ReplyDelete