But! I changed my mind. I decided I had just enough peaches for a pie, and I thought correctly. Another trip is in order, now for more. I want to feel the dribble.
click on image to view largerPeach pie for lunch! With a dollop of vanilla bean ice cream on top.
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.