Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cakey Cookies


Yes, I said cakey. It's my word, meaning not crispy, not crunchy, not chewy,  CAKEY. We prefer chewy over cakey but I still have too much peanut butter on hand and a goodly supply of eggs and some energies that need to be dissipated.

I have made these several times in the past and the box cake mix was loitering in the cupboard just waiting to be used.  I'm not enthusiastic about cake making, but cookies are a different story. 

The yield is only 30 cookies so I know they won't be around for long. 

The "funny" thing is that the original old recipe calls for an 18.5 ounce box. Today when I read the label I saw it to to be ONLY 15.25 oz!!!! WHAT!!!!!

Recipe:  Cakey Cookies

1 package (box) yellow cake mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil or butter (I use butter)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Drop by large spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet. (I roll a gob in my hands and then place on sheet.)

350° for about 10 minutes. Let cool on tray before transferring to rack.

1 comment:

  1. I have used this recipe before and the cookies are delicious.

    ReplyDelete