Followers

Friday, January 11, 2013

Pecandy Pie


No, I didn't spell incorrectly - 
It IS CANDY PIE!

If I could give you a piece
you would surely agree.

I put the old pot again into service.
This pie is made by using another OLD OLD recipe that came to me from a friend of a friend, of a friend. 


It's a bit labor intensive now for me - I never used to think so - but well worth the work! I used to make my own crust, but now a frozen one from the store works - not excellent, but OK  and not as messy.


I even drool just thinking about it sitting on the counter even though I've already had a piece, just one tiny one to see if it came out all right; it always does. Here's the recipe in case you'd like to make your own. I love how the pecans just float right up to the top when it's baking. 

Pecan Pie

1 3/4 Cup light brown sugar (packed) or dark OK
1/4 Cup dark Caro syrup
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) BUTTER
Bring above ingredients to a rolling boil. DON'T over boil.
Pour INTO 3 beaten eggs. Stir.
Add 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (not imitation)
Add 1 Cup chopped pecans (I GRIND them)
Add pinch of salt. Stir.
Bake in pie shell 3/4 hour at 375˚

Hint: wash your pot and other utensils right away - it sticks like glue if you leave them unwashed for very long.                                                                                               


I grind the pecans very fine now so they don't get stuck in our teeth. Funny how we adjust as we age.

2 comments:

  1. My grandmother's recipe is very similar to yours and I do know what you mean about it being Pecandy pie! YUMMY! Next time I bake a pecan pie, I try yours. Don't delete your blog so I can find the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pecan pie! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete