Followers

Monday, January 21, 2013

For Sweet Potato Lovers...

It must be the time of the year! Sweet potatoes are on the mind - who knew?

I follow a blog called "Chickens in the Road." I admire this gal soooo very much. Today she posted a blog containing a recipe for a spiced sweet potato nut cake. As much as I abhor sweet potatoes, this cake sounds OK and I just may try it! 

Here's a link to it for all you lovers of the orange tuber:

http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/spiced-sweet-potato-nut-cake/

May I also recommend her blog? She is so "earthy" and "real!" I have read every one of her category blogs for quite a long time now. There are cooking, house & garden, country living, barn, forums, and recipe sections. Some of the barn blogs are explicit so be forewarned. This about living the country old ways - to the hilt.

http://chickensintheroad.com/


The sweet potato was officially designated the North Carolina State Vegetable by the General Assembly of 1995. 
The sweet potato is high in vitamins A and C and low in fat and was grown in North Carolina before the European colonization of North America.



2 comments:

  1. I have never eaten a sweet potato...sweet and potato just don't sound like they go together.

    Is that a new picture of you? You look very pretty in pink against the blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am served sweet potatos I will eat them otherwise they are not a favorite of mine. I will go and check out the link.

    ReplyDelete