Followers

Friday, October 13, 2023

My "Lucky" Day

This morning I baked cookies.

I am NOT superstitious, BUT...Even though it is Friday the 13th, things are going well. I have been waiting for several months for two different scrap metal people to come pick up my big dead freezer. Yesterday I saw an ad and made a call and TODAY he came and hefted that appliance into the bed of his truck all by himself while his wife watched. I could not believe my eyes! Then he moved the small chest freezer over to the empty pallet and leveled it. As they were leaving, I offered them cookies. Soon there was a knock on the door and it was him telling me that if I ever need any help or something done to give them a call. I  think they liked my cookies.

Another friend came by shortly afterwards to deliver my allergy medicine. He gets it at Sams and I reimbursed him with cash and cookies. 

A neighbor was kind enough this week to order some coffee bags for me. I had told her I was going to make cookies the next day. As she and her husband walked by with their dogs last night he wanted to know when the cookies would be ready! 

My daughter will be arriving shortly with some home-cooked foods for me. There are some cookies set aside for her. 

One more cookie left home as the mail carrier delivered a package and accepted her treat!

These are good and I  have never made them before.
My advice is to share cookies on Friday the 13th!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post ( and great looking cookies)! I will remember it and definitely be baking cookies nextFriday 13th, September 13, 2024. Or maybe a lot sooner! Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete