Followers

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Quiet Here...

The day started off with a doe and fawn on my lawn. They did spot me in the window and took off back up into the hillside woodland. I've seen them many times.

It's warm so I went out for a short rideabout. My first stop was next door where my niece from Delaware and my nephew from Rhode Island have been organizing and preparing for several days to take their dad to live with her and her husband. I've known him for over 60 years when he married one of my sisters. She died in 2016 and he has lived next door to me for 26 years from the time when I moved into the cabin. We weren't ever very close but it was always nice to know that he was here and near. Now, after a chat and understanding, we both know it was a necessary move for his safety and assisted care. They took his Ranger so he might be able to ride it on the large property. His dog, of course, went with them.  Still...I'm sad. One by one my family members move on.
On a happier note, a second pink poppy bloomed this morning. I hope to save seeds from this variety.
A neighbor's flowers are full of pollinators and the Pinky Winky Hydrangea blooms are beautiful. 

tap on image to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment