Followers

Friday, September 3, 2021

Change

I can't believe summer is already over and soon the natural world will turn orange, brown, grey and white. AND COLD.  It seems as if the days are flying by, like what happens as the roll of paper gets smaller and the end is near. I have been able to keep pretty busy, sometimes doing nothing which is busy on a different scale. I did manage to vacuum the kitchen and living room this week. Major work for me now. The other day I was a social butterfly, chatting with the trash pickup man, the Schwan's delivery fellow, the mail carrier woman, the potter, my brother, and then a neighbor who was walking his dog. He stopped to help me with the filling of distilled water into the golf car batteries with a special system of doing it all at one time. Soon after, another neighbor made a special delivery of a bag of her home-made cookies! Killer Cookies, I might add. Soon things will have to be covered - the porch swing, the golf car, the air conditioner. I plan to have my lawn and yard guy help with this after he cleans out the flowerbeds and gutters and blows leaves. He does the snow removal as well. Perhaps he can use the Mister's great blower. It needs to be taken from the shed and put into the carport for easy access. A gasoline supply will be needed. I still see a couple of hummingbirds at the feeder but sure hope they leave before frost! It is time!

When I watch TV, which is for the morning news and weather and the suppertime updates, I know I have nothing to complain about. My health is fair for my age and as long as I have books to read, my computer for communication, shelter, warmth and food, I know I'm one of the lucky people in a safe environment. I also know this could change in an instant, but for now I'm going with the flow of good vibes, good friends and neighbors. 

The photos below are from last year.

It's Nature's way.

for a closer look and to be prepared, click on an image






2 comments:

  1. Great pictures ❣ Except for the snowy chair 👎😪

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s wonderful to have good friends and neighbors. Change is definitely on the way and you seem to be ready for it.

    ReplyDelete