Followers

Monday, August 16, 2021

Out and About Short Ride

Except for the funny running deer, I didn't see one other animal on my trip around the lake and the neighboring lake! Even the flowers were scarce and it wasn't a very interesting ride. The sun was out, the breeze was light, my cart is very dirty. No baths for it, though. The water faucet  where the hose is hooked into leaks so much that it has been tightened and capped until a plumber can be afforded and then called. Oh well, maybe some Windex will help with the windshield. I have now learned how to hook it up to the charger and still need to learn how to do the automatic distilled water system for the batteries. 

There are many wild hickory plants that are in full bloom along the roadside now. They aren't very impressive as a side-of-the road weed, but the individual close up shots show their beauty well.
For several years now I've seen the wild sweet peas blooming among the branches of this little blue spruce tree. This year they seem to have taken over the tree. I don't know if they cause harm as they die off after frost hits and the tree still looks OK.
Did I mention that my daughter brought me some more of her garden tomatoes? I shall share these beauties! I've already saved seeds for next year from her first one!
Here! Have a better look!
Please click on image to view larger!











3 comments:

  1. Love the photos!!! Very nice flowers and those tomatoes 🍅 are huge. They would make a nice sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatoes are colossal. Are they good? Hickory blossoms are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the Oxhearts. I have written about them many times before. They are the BEST!!!!!!!!

      Delete