Followers

Friday, December 4, 2020

Back to Basic Bakes

I won't bore you again after this, BUT I must tell you one more time that my little bread baker is going to be put to use on a very regular basis. That is because is I can bake a small loaf without fails and it not only looks good, it tastes wonderful. Take my word! The latest liquid used was beer and I have found out that we like the bread made with beer the best. We also like it less sweet. BUT! This is a BIG BUT - Adding grated sharp cheese was a killer!

Plain Recipe Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1T sugar

1T onion powder

1 tsp  paprica

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

6 oz. beer

Mix first then add beer

Do not over-mix! (I stir with spatula until flour is all absorbed then scoop into  greased baker.)

Instructions:

(Do NOT pre-heat oven)

Place in oven and heat to 350° F

Bake 50-60 minutes (start timing after temp in oven reaches 350°)


After resting on grate, turn out onto cutting board. Slice by holding loaf on side. Easy does it.

please click on image to view larger

Oh, the stew was plain and simple! We ate it all.
I can sliced white potatoes with liquid
1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
1/2 can peas strained
1 tsp. onion powder
1 T chicken boullion granules 
1 left-over chicken patty cut into small cubes

AND..... Pottery bowls to keep it warm when you slowly slurp.







1 comment:

  1. That is Bud's favorite bread...beer bread!! And it all looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete