Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Action-Reaction

Yesterday morning when I looked out of the DR window I saw a couple of fellows trying to pull a large log and roots out of the lake, just at the water's edge. It was in quite deep. They were having a terrible time trying to hitch it to a lawnmower and truck. It was a while until I saw what really was going on!

Boy oh boy did I get that wrong! Missed the entire event from the start. It wasn't a log at all! It was the other lawnmower! I didn't even realize it until my neighbor called me to ask if I saw it go in and what it really was.

So, I grabbed the camera went out on the front porch and by then it was already retrieved and up on the grass! I watched them try to extract it for over 15 minutes believing it was a log!
Today it was all mowed by just one mower!  We're glad the other one wasn't submerged for too long due to the gasoline and oil that probably came out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I baked a bread pudding and our daughter came over to bring some home. I make this only a couple of times a year - it is terribly rich and delicious! Today I used ground walnuts instead of pecans. I also used golden raisins. UMMMMM!! Whipped cream on top makes it a meal!

Bread Pudding                    

3 to 5 Cups cubed and dried Italian bread or French bread (white and rye OK too)

2 C Granulated sugar
5 large beaten eggs
2 C milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 C light brown sugar
1/4 (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans and/or raisins

• Preheat oven 350°

Mix together granulated sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggs and milk in a bowl; add vanilla.
Pour over cubed bread and let set at least 10 minutes. (stir and turn over bread in mixture several times.)

*In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter and pecans (if used).
I use pastry blender tool to mix together. 

Pour bread mixture into prepared large pan. Sprinkle raisins (if used) over and push down into bread mixture. 

Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over top of all and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until set, depending on brownness.

*Optional: Don’t mix brown sugar and butter together. Instead,  after sprinkling brown sugar over top of mixture, cut thin slices of cold butter and place all over top before baking. 

2 comments:

  1. This bread pudding looks yummy. That’s all I’m doing is eating since being quarantined. Help. Everything sounds so good!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love bread pudding around our house!!

    How did that mower end up in the lake, you wonder?

    ReplyDelete