No kidding! I have NEVER tasted such a good cake. Plain ingredients, plain looking, awesome texture and taste. Come on... BAKE THIS CAKE!
|Click on image to view larger|
Our daughter shared a piece, sending it home with us after Christmas dinner at her home. I just now got around to making one of our own, fully remembering how tasty hers was. Come on....just do it! Bake your own.
Buttery Almond Cake
Makes one 8” or 9” cake
BAKE IN SKILLET - Heat Skillet First
3/4 C melted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 C granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. Pure Almond Extract
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C flour
- Line 8 or 9” iron skillet with aluminum foil
- Put skillet in oven and preheat oven to 350°
- Combine melted butter with sugar in bowl
- Beat in eggs one at a time - beat well
- Add salt, almond and vanilla extracts
- Stir in flour and baking powder
- Pour into hot skillet
- Sprinkle topping (2 tsp. sugar and 2 T. shaved almonds)
- Bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown and tests done.