Followers

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Snowy Past

Anni thought my story yesterday showed a lot of snow. Well I have to disagree. Now I will show her what snow we had in 1993 and 1996. These are the deepest I remember, from around 20 years ago. We were snowed in 1993 for many days until the giant plows could come and break through to clear the road. These were taken when we had an Ashley wood stove in the basement and a working fireplace on the main floor of the ranch house across the lake where we lived from 1972-1997. Power was out during the time, but I don't remember for how long. We improvised and got by. I remember the high hill north winds blowing during those storms, which were doozies! We had horses and the trek to the barn and the mucking and water carrying were difficult chores.
1993
1996 
We hadn't moved across the lake and into the cabin until October 1997
 Please click on image to view larger

1 comment: