Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Scary to Me

Primates scare me probably because they are so much like humans. Once, when I was a young teen visiting a zoo, a gorilla went "APE" about me and wanted to get to me and was beating his cage and screaming at me. I have never forgotten to wonder what would have happened if he got out!  Anyway........

This is an oil painting I made soon after my event at the zoo - about 65 years ago! It is supposed to be a scary baboon. I took a picture of it before I gave it away.


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to think of what that gorilla would have done.
    That's a very impressive painting! Do you have more to show us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their human-like features are a bit unnerving. I'm glad the ape wasn't able to escape. Must've been such a terrifying experience for you! You are a very talented painter. You must share more!

    ReplyDelete